These cookies from Deliciously Ella make a great healthy lunch box addition or a perfect accompaniment with your afternoon cuppa to pick you up for the rest of the day. They are super easy to make and take no time at all, perfect for busy people!
Makes 10 large cookies
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 4 heaped tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1.5 mugs oats (180g)
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (fan 180)
- Peel bananas and place in a bowl, mash them with a fork until smooth
- Add almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup to the mashed bananas and mix until a sticky mix is formed, then stir in the oats
- When the oats are totally covered, prepare a baking tray with paper or grease with coconut oil and scoop tablespoons of the mixture onto the tray. Use your hands or a spoon to spread them out into cookie shapes. If you keep them quite thin they will be nice and crunchy.
- Once all cookies are on the tray place in the oven and bake for 18-20 mins or until they turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 mins.
This is the basic recipe but you can add in extras of your choice. Mix nuts and seeds, raisins or dark chocolate into the oat mixture or like I did, drizzle the top with 90% dark chocolate! Yum!
Enjoy, from Cromwell Chiropractic xx