The role of the lymphatic system includes:
- Removal of excess fluid and plasma proteins from the tissues back to the bloodstream.
- Retains fluid balance and health in the tissues.
- Beneficial in prevention & management of oedema (swelling).
- Absorbtion of absorbed fats and fat-soluble vitamins from the intestines to the blood stream.
- The removal of dead cells and waste products.
- Defence against invading organisms - bacteria & viruses. It provides the structural basis of the immune system.
How can I cleanse my Lymphatic System?
Breathing - deep breathing stimulates lymphatic movement and helps with more effective drainage. So yoga, meditation, aerobic exercise will all help - just move your body!
Reduce toxins – lymph fluid is cleansed by your liver, kidneys and heart, and any toxins eliminated by the bladder, bowl, skin and lungs so take care of yourself, eat well and limit your alcohol intake to minimise the workload on these organs
Manual Lymphatic Drainage – professional lymphatic drainage therapists are trained to stimulate the lymph tissue just beneath the skin which helps to remove waste products from the body and stimulate the immune system.
Chiropractic adjustments – lymphatic flow is aided by the pulsation of nerves. Chiropractic focuses on improving the function of the nervous system which is so important for a healthy lymphatic system. A healthy nervous system is paramount to good health.
To book in with a chiropractor please call us on 03 445 4688, we look forward to telling you more about it!